Thursday, June 14, 2012

Glow Jars

If your on Pinterest you may have seen these. I followed the directions from http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/diy-glow-jars-tutorial/

The website claims that they take 2 minutes to make and last for an hour. I bought glow bracelets from Target for $1 and found an old jar in my cupboards. I took two bracelets and cut the tips off and shook the contents into the jar. Liquid came out and so did glass tubes...so this should really be done by adults.

 

To get most of the contents out it took me 5 minutes.

The glowing lines are the tubes of glass. Then the website said the dump the tubes of glass into the garbage and swirl the liquid the make lines in the jar.

My garbage glowed! Then I put the lid on the jar and watched it glow.

At the bottom you can see I didn't get all the glass pieces out...I thought they were cool.
The jar above is after five minutes the drip lines are gone.

The picture above is after 30 minutes.

And my results are...it was fun and I'd do it again even though it took over five minutes and only lasted 30 minutes. Next time I'd leave the all the glass pieces in the jar cause they glowed the brightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment